Good morning, Friends -
A couple of days ago, I heard some interesting news. China has become the first country to enact rules targeting human-like A.I. companions that provide sustained emotional interaction. Those regulations became effective July 15th 2026. The regulations focus on bots simulating human personality, thinking patterns and communication styles for emotional and engagement. Workplace assistants, customer service bots and educational tools are exempt provided they avoid sustained emotional interaction. The rules aim to prevent risks including extremist content, privacy leaks, mental health harm and addiction. Providers must display alerts confirming users are interacting with A.I., offer guardian control functions and ensure emergency contact information for minors and elderly users. Non-compliance may result in service suspension.
Personally, I find this information absolutely fascinating! and on so many levels, for so many reasons, even if we only take it at face value.
Think about it, over the last 75 years, the sheer numbers of human distractions and human addictions (both of which isolate) have multiplied astronomically. We've had the inventions of radio, tv, gaming consoles, now we have A I. We've also been introduced to LSD, Quaaludes, Oxycontin, Crack, Meth, Ecstasy, Bath Salts, Fentanyl, etc ...
In the last 10 years, here in the USA, I have not seen a meaningful or sustained war on drugs, or any movement to prevent addiction to gaming, or A.I... The only things I have seen are warning labels on cigarettes, a half hearted attempt to prevent teen vaping, and some labels warning against gambling addiction in lottery tickets. On the other hand, I have seen well concerted efforts to legalize several kinds of "recreational" drugs, including micro- dosing some pretty potent substances. It kind of reminds me of when some scientists stood up on a USA courtroom and were trying to tell the world that smoking cigarettes were actually "Healthy"! Only back then, the scientists were looked in with disdain. Today, everyone is just accepting whatever is offered with a shrug.
Who wants Americans exhausted, isolated, mentally and emotionally dependent on A.I. companions, high on drugs? Who wants that, and why?.... More importantly, why are we accepting this as "normal"? As opposed to standing up and encouraging people to rest, to make meaningful connections and recreative relationships, play together and take good care of each other?
LJS
July 18, 2026
No comments:
Post a Comment