Saturday, December 31, 2011

Signs of Life in the Midst of Death


Have been receiving so many messages that tell me there is life in the midst of death. For example, the other night, I was out front in the wee hours of the night, I saw a Buck in the cemetery, not twenty feet away. Deer, among other things are symbols of fertility... Also, not long ago, I was walking through the nature preserve and I was praying my rosary. It was about 5:30 in the evening, the sun still bright in the sky. As I was praying; "Mother of God, pray for us now and at the hour of our death", I heard two owls strike up a conversation. I can't remember ever hearing two owls sing and call back and forth, up 'till now, I've only ever heard one at a time. Anyway, it's poignant, that line: "Mother of God, pray for us now and at the hour of our death". It might as well read; "Mommy, don't leave me, don't abandon me, I don't want to be alone at the hour of death"... Owls are, among other things, messengers of death and change. And to hear two calling back and forth as I prayed that line, it was a sign of assurance for me, that I am not praying alone, someone is praying with me.
These voices keep singing to me: do not despair, do not give up hope.- July 12, 2011